Links of Import

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Snarky Introduction


Ladies and Gents,

I thought twice before exposing others to the extremely single-minded conversations I hold with myself (rants at their best, gushing at their worst), but it's built up at last. AND IT NEEDS RELEASE. Like that story of Midas' secret mule ears, the barber who saw them, and his confidante, the tree (if you don't know this myth, you should, especially if you’re Irish.) This blog is my tree, and it's one I hope to update at least once a week.

BUT TELL ME, what WILL you REVIEW?

Period films, from the obscure fluff lost in the archives of movie history, to the most beloved interpretations of Charlotte Bronte's Jane Eyre and Jane Austen's Persuasion. I will focus on 15th - 19th century films, but will definitely explore movies outside that bracket. I will also add occasional reviews of recently released non-period movies (because I even have opinions about movies that are set after the 70s --- sometimes.)

Also?

Also... you'll get a ton of lists, scribblings, and GIFs, because those of a few of my favorite things. What? You thought that my incoherency was limited to reviews? I THINK NOT!

List of Reviews So Far...

Fine Films
Jane Eyre (2011)
Girl with a Pearl Earring (2003)

Fine Fluff
A Hazard of Hearts (1987)



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

0 comments:

Post a Comment